Saturday 19 December 2015

Exhibition round up

Today I have been catching up with exhibitions locally in the North East.
First up Katharine Morling's ceramic sculptures at the Shipley Art Gallery.



Then on to Gateshead Library Gallery to see an exhibition of work produced by artists living in Bill Quay. One of my favourite places in Gateshead and the city farm was much visited when my children were little. This screen print was produced by my friend Clare Satow who lives there and run Bill Quay Fabric Workshop


Then on to The Customs House in South Shields to see an excellent exhibition about illustrative and stitched drawing. I have a couple of pieces of work in this show. Some lovely stitched drawings by stitched artists including Louise Sambrook Underwood who had embroidered a great portrait of Wilfred Owen, Reiko Koga and Sharmistha Kar . If you live in the North east and are a stitcher then you need to go and see this.




No comments:

Post a Comment